Deborah Jackson

Monday, May 26, 2008

Recent Reads


Doing research for Time Meddlers Undercover. I always loved this book.









More research. This is a fascinating book if you're interested in the SOE during WWII, the way messages were sent by code, and if you enjoy a good laugh. Strange the author can discuss such a serious (and sometimes tedious) subject and yet capture the reader with his wonderful sarcastic sense of humour.






I didn't enjoy this book at all. I found it long and preachy, not even that funny.









I'm reading more Stephenie Meyer because I enjoyed her Vampire series, but I'm starting to find the main character surprisingly similar to the Twilight one--entirely too self-sacrificing to be believable.







Love the Thomas Covenant antihero. I'm re-reading this series.

No comments: